Professor Harry Harding _ Annual Report (2018)
Introduction to the event
Professor Harding has been appointed as a short-term Yushan Scholar since August 1, 2018. During his stay in Taiwan, his main projects includes teaching, research, and promoting academic exchanges, as described below:
- College of Social Sciences and others colleges in NCCU:
- In the first semester of the 107 academic year, Professor Harding taught one-credit course for the Asia-Pacific Studies Program.
- In 2018 assisted IDAS to host an international seminar and act as the keynote speaker of the seminar.
- Assist the College of Social Sciences to establish a formal academic exchange relationship with the College of Humanities and Sciences of the University of Virginia.
- Participated in many activities held by the College of International Affairs, Institute of International Relations, International College of Innovation and other units, including lectures, conference and short courses.
- Assist NCCU to establish relationship with the University of Virginia in order to accommodate exchange of teachers and students between two universities.
- Other academic activities
During his stay in Taiwan, Professor Harding was also invited by other universities, academics, governments, and professional institutions to participate in conferences or give lectures.